Sunday, August 25, 2013

Surfer Themed Birthday Party

Our oldest son turned 7 this summer, just a day after our youngest turned one!  What a crazy weekend that was...two parties in two days = one worn out mama! It is hard for me to believe how quickly 7 years have passed.  I still remember him being 4 days late and how anxious and excited I was to become a first time mom.  We always joke that he was meant to be a firefighter as the fire alarm started going off in the hospital just as he came into this world.  He's been along on all of our amazing adventures thus far including all of our moves and many of our travels. Our younger two boys are very lucky to have him as their big brother. 

Since it's summer and hot, he wanted to have a water fun party filled with water balloon battles, splash blaster fights and water slide fun.  He picked a surfer/shark theme for his party and with ten 7 year old boys along, we managed to have some fun and somehow my husband managed to keep them all under some sort of control.



Since I was busy with two parties, I didn't have a lot of extra time to make all my printables so I found this great surf party on etsy from ItsyBelle. She was so accomodating and I loved the color scheme.


I adapted my Subway art from the day before and changed the colors, then painted the 7. The banner was part of the party collection from ItsyBelle.


Another view of the Subway Art


I added some green fish netting I found at Party City over the white table cloth, and then used the printables from ItsyBelle.  The cupcakes I made and cut out shark fins from cardstock and attached to toothpicks and placed in the blue wave frosting.


I bought the surfboard cookie cutter from Amazon.


The kids loved the water slide.  We were fortunate to get the Blast Zone Hydro Rush Inflatable Water Park on sale at Amazon for $100 off.  Thanks to Amazon Prime membership it arrived in two days too!  Our kids have had a blast on this water slide all summer and I love the shallow splash area so our little one can splash around in there also.  It is honestly the easiest water slide to set up and take down: only one minute to inflate!


Favor bags were filled with swedish fish and a shark water bottle from The Thoughtful Tulip
We also gave each child a mini aqua soaker to use during the party and take home.


I think the birthday boy definitely enjoyed turning 7!















No comments:

Post a Comment