Saturday, October 5, 2013

Spooktacular Pudding Cookies

It's been a crazy, busy week in our house between baseball, school and allergies getting the best of me.  However, October arrived and I immediately started thinking of Halloween and the rush to figure out costumes and throw in a birthday party for my middle son as well as an anniversary for my husband and I.  Well, what calms me down & brings me back to reality better than anything else is spending time in my kitchen baking up a storm.
I was at Wegmans this week and discovered these yummy Halloween morsels from Nestle!


How much fun are these! So I decided to whip up some pudding chocolate chip cookies to add a little twist to my typical chocolate chip cookie recipe.



I just love how pudding makes these cookies super soft and delicious, especially fresh & hot out of the oven.  Remember these baking cups I picked up at Homegoods a few weeks ago...well, I thought they made a great little treat cup: I fit 3 cookies inside and would be perfect for any party display.


So, if you are looking for a twist to your traditional chocolate chip cookies, whip up a batch of these and I'm positive you will be receiving some smiles in your house!

Spooktacular Pudding Cookies

ingredients:
1/2 cup of unsalted butter softened at room temperature
1/2 cup of crisco shortening (my grandmother swore by using half of each)
3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
1/4 cup sugar
3.4 oz. vanilla instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose-flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Bag of Nestle Halloween Morsels 

directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchement paper
2. With a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy
3. Add in pudding mix, eggs and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.  Do not overbeat as this causes a flat cookie. Stir in the chocolate morsels.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoons or using a cookie scoop onto baking sheet.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly golden.  Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.

Happy Baking!

~Ila~

Linking up here:

By Stephanie Lynn
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh these cookies look so good! I haven't seen those Halloween morsels in my grocery store yet, I'll have to look for them next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good!!
    I have a giveaway going on and today is the last day to enter, would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/2013/10/sponsorship-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Halloween chips are so much fun! I haven't seen them yet.
    I've also never tried pudding cookies but I must start now with these. They look delish. :) They do look soft and that's my favorite kind.
    Tina at www.tinaschic.com

    ReplyDelete