Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Day of School!

 
It's the First Day of School!
 
 
Well, at least for one member of our clan it is: our oldest son begins 2nd grade and I can't figure out who was more excited. He was up and ready to go, dressed and eating breakfast by 7am.  He is definitely our early bird child! Of course, mom had to have him come outside for the traditional first day of school photo.  This year, I decided to add in what he currently says he wants to be when he grows up and I used the chalkboard style that I am currently loving and made his sign in photoshop.
 
 
Of course, no first day of school wouldn't be complete without a special treat waiting in the morning. However, he will have to wait until after school to enjoy although his brother is begging for one now.
 
 
Since I use to be an OT, I thought the idea of handwriting cupcakes was perfect!  Granted, I whipped these up at 10pm last night and used my favorite Magnolia Bakery Buttercream recipe.
 
 
It's hard to believe the school year has started....where did summer go?  I hope he had an awesome first day of 2nd grade!
 
~Ila~
 Linking it up here:
 
 

Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment