It's the season for giving thanks, for expressing our gratitude for all the joys and blessings we have been given. Like any mom, I am very thankful for so many things in my life; some on the more serious side, others on the light hearted side of life. My husband travels quite frequently for work so some days I am more thankful for things that just get me through the day without a complete meltdown and today was one of those days....so here is this busy mom's list:
1. My family: without them I wouldn't be the person I am today..
2. My husband: because although he travels a lot, he is my listening ear via text, email, facetime, etc...(now granted those frequent flyer miles are nice also)
3. My kids: they keep me on my toes, make me smile and always help me find joy in the day
4. Our health, happiness, home, food, clothing, shelter, etc.... I think I covered it all there
........Now for some things that help me make it through the crazy days........
5. Caffeine in any size, shape, and form: if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have the ability to do half the tasks I somehow manage to complete during the day.
6. Having 3 boys: because honestly, the fact I'm not battling getting hair in a ponytail, braids, or some other style in the morning gives me 15 extra minutes of sleep minimum.
7. School uniforms: another 15 minutes of sleep since I'm not battling the "I don't have anything to wear" conversation each morning.
8. Disney Junior: why you may ask? Because when it's 3am and your toddler has thrown up on everything, it is the one thing that makes him smile!
9. Pizza Delivery: Where would I be without this? I do not have time to whip up a homecooked meal every night, let's be honest, so this saves the day when its 7pm and you haven't eaten anything but the leftover crumbs from breakfast
10. Any type of portable food: granola bars, drink yogurt, squeeze applesauce, etc....so when we are running out the door late for school, I feel that I have at least accomplished breakfast.
11. My minivan equipped with blind spot monitors, heated seats and DVD player: it's a lifesaver in the best way possible!
12. Origins No Puffery Cooling Roll-On for Puffy Eyes: Yes, this works and at least I don't feel like the over tired mom going through carpool line each morning
13. Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix: because some days you just need chocolate!
14. Amazon Prime: if you aren't a member you don't know what you are missing.....it is way too easy to order so much stuff from there...especially when it arrives in 2 days.
15. Online shopping: why go to the mall when you can have your own personal fashion show at home and forego the dressing room lighting
16. My Target Redcard and Target Cartwheel......because one can't simply spend enough time in Target, might as well save why you are shopping...
17. Pinterest: where else can I find how to make a last minute cute craft with only popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners.
18. Wine: because after a long day, I just need a break...
19. My DVR: so when my chocolate brownies are done, I can have a glass of wine and catch up on all my favorite shows again and again...
20. NAPTIME: because I'll be honest, when toddler goes down, this mama takes a nap!
What busy mom thanks do you have to share?